Image via WikipediaThe Manila US Embassy lauched last July 25 a Visa Reissuance Program (VRP). Those who are qualified for this program will have his Visa renewal fast tracked. If qualified, applicants need only to schedule an appointment, appear at the Embassy at the appointed time, and then have the application screened and give 10-print fingerscans. No need for an interview, and appointments are available within a few days!
Of course not all are qualified for this program. To qualify, you must be able to answer 'yes' to the following questions:
1. I am a Philippines passport holder.
2. I have previously been issued, in Manila, a full-validity visa (a visa good for five or ten years).
3. My visa is still valid... or it has expired within the last twelve months.
4. I have in my possession all of my passports covering the entire period of time since I received that full-validity visa.
5. I have not been refused a U.S. visa in the last twelve months.
6. My visa is not annotated "clearance received".
7. I have not ever stayed in the U.S. longer than 6 months (even if the Department of Homeland Security approved the extension of stay).
8. I have not ever been arrested or convicted for any offense or crime, even if subject of a pardon.
9. I can provide the visa control number from my visa (located in the upper right hand corner of the visa).
If you are able to meet all of the above conditions, you are eligible for a VRP appointment. Please go online or contact the call center to schedule the VRP appointment.
Source: Manila US Embassy Website