Additional Info: I asked a BPI personnel abut the difference between the three BPI banks and she answered me these:
BPI Bank is focused primarily on corporate accounts.
BPI Family Savings Bank focuses on individual savings accounts.
BPI Direct Savings Bank is focused primarily on telephone and online bankings.
Aside from the above differences, their maintaining balance requirements and interests differs from each other. (For example, BPI Savings account has a maintaining balance requirement of 3000, BPI Family Savings Account requires only 1000, and BPI Direct as low as 500).
The following procedure though is applicable only for both BPI and BPI Family Savngs Bank. (For BPI Direct Savings bank, it's different)
1. Make personal appearance to the bank and bring the following requirements.
TWO (2) Valid IDs and Photocopy of them
Professional Regulations Commission (PRC) ID
National Bureau of Investigation (NBI) clearance
Government Service and Insurance System (GSIS) e-Card
Social Security System (SSS) card
Senior Citizen Card
Overseas Workers Welfare Administration (OWWA) ID
Alien Certification of Registration/Immigrant Certificate of Registration
Government office ID (e.g. Armed Forces of the Philippines (AFP), Home Development Mutual Fund (HDMF) IDs)
Certification from the National Council for the Welfare of Disabled Persons (NCWDP)
Department of Social Welfare and Development (DSWD) Certification
Other valid IDs issued by the Government and its instrumentalities
Billing Statement (to verify your billing address)
Credit Card Bill
TWO (2) copies one-by-one latest photo
2. Fill up the application form they will provide by supplying the required information.
3. At least 500 pesos initial balance. Please take note that your account will only be allowed one month before the rule on "maintaining balance" will be applied.
For BPI accounts: 3000 pesos
For BPI Family: 1000pesos
4. Allow three(3) to five(5) banking days before you can claim your ATM kit.
For more information on their rates and requirements visit www.bpiexpressonline.com.
Blogged Philippines gives you the latest trending information in the country. To receive free notifications follow us through the following:
1. Subscribe in our email newsletter
IMPORTANT! To enable email subscription, please verify your email address by clicking the link sent to your email address by Feedburner.
2. Follow us on twitter
3. Make BLOGGED PHILIPPINES your homepage
4. Find us in Facebook at facebook.com/pages/Blogged-Philippines
5. Follow us on Google+